This hearty white bean soup with bacon is made from just four ingredients. Make it vegan. Use vegan bacon and vegetable stock. Not vegan? Then use regular bacon (or turkey bacon), and chicken stock
- Bacon. Regular, turkey, or vegan bacon. All work the same.
- White beans. Cook them or used canned. your choice. Cook the beans a day or two before so this recipe is easy.
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Garlic. Fresh or jarred.
Making the soup:
• Cook the bacon. I use vegan, microwavable bacon. If using regular or turkey bacon be sure to drain the grease.
• Simmer, bacon, and garlic for 15 minutes. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper to taste. You can also use parsley, oregano, or Italian seasoning with this.
• Serve with some delicious homemade bread and a tossed salad.
• 20 minutes and dinner is done
What’s not to love about this easy-peasy dinner. Make it tonight.