This is a great recipe. Even if you’re not vegan. You don’t always have to have the meat for a good bowl of chili. If you’re not vegan, why not add sour cream or shredded cheese for toppings? Put over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lentils, cooked (or 1 can 15 oz.)
- 1 can of kidney beans (15 oz.)
- ½ can sweet corn (15 oz.)
- 1 can of tomatoes (14-15 oz.)
- 1 (6 oz. can)tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and dried tomatoes into small pieces. Toss all the ingredients into a pan with oil and fry for 3 -4 minutes on low heat.
- Add the broth and water, rinsed and drained beans, lentils, sweetcorn, and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add the tomato paste and season with salt, pepper, cumin, smoked paprika powder, and oregano. Simmer on medium heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a dollop of (vegan) sour cream.