No sauteing, pureeing or straining. Easy to make and so very good.
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream (half and half works also)
- Whisk together the tomato puree, chicken broth, and seasonings in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Whisk again, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low setting.
- Stir in the heavy cream (or half-n-half)and continue cooking, over low heat until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes.
Top your soup with shredded or grated cheese, or sour cream, or add in some crackers. You’re going to love it.
One Comment Add yours
Beautiful soup that looks easy to make and not expensive. I copied this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person