No sauteing, pureeing or straining. Easy to make and so very good.
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream (half and half works also)
- Whisk together the tomato puree, chicken broth, and seasonings in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Whisk again, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low setting.
- Stir in the heavy cream (or half-n-half)and continue cooking, over low heat until heated through, about 2-3 more minutes.
Top your soup with shredded or grated cheese, or sour cream, or add in some crackers. You’re going to love it.