Easy To Make. Zesty and ready in 30 Minutes. The great thing about this soup is that it’s easy to customize with whatever soup-friendly veggies you’d like to add. So make it your own.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- sea salt and black pepper
- toppings: Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil
- Sauté the veggies. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and sauté for 2 minutes
- Simmer. Add stock, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning, stir to combine. Continue cooking until the broth reaches a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook the orzo. Stir in the orzo Cover and continue simmering the soup, stirring occasionally (so that the orzo doesn’t stick), until the orzo is al dente.
- Add the spinach and season. Stir the spinach into the soup, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve. Serve, garnished with your favorite toppings.
If you enjoy this, Please share.