- 1-1/2 cups uncooked pasta (any pasta will work)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons (vegetable or olive) oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken (or you can use mushroom) soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy cream (half and half will also work)
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in soup and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheese, and pepper; cook for another 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the cheese melted.
- Drain the pasta; add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat. sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Store leftovers in fridge for up to four days.