- 1 (14- ounce) package Cocktail Wieners (or you can actually cut hotdogs in half)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. honey (or you can use 2 tbsp. sugar instead)
- 1-quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- Dry cocktail wieners using a paper towel. Set aside.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the milk, egg, and honey(or sugar). Add the milk mixture to the cornmeal mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot until it reaches 350°F.
- When the oil is hot, working in small batches, dip each cocktail wiener in the batter using a fork tapping the excess off. Carefully place each wiener into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the corn dogs from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate for soaking up the excess oil. Repeat.