- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (2 tsp. minced)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (1 small can diced tomatoes)
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 can corn, drained
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain well, then spread onto a large tray and place into the fridge, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and chili powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until fried. Add the beans and corn and continue cooking, stir often. Pour lime juice over and toss.
- Combine the tomatoes and onion and season to taste. Top with the tomato mixture, avocado, feta, and lime wedges.
475 calories per serve